Monday, April 30, 2012

Missing Caleigh Harrison : Family Eyes Abduction - Police Say No Evidence And Have Not Ruled Out Foul Play.

Members of Caleigh Ann Harrison's family told reporters this afternoon that they are clinging to their belief that the 2-year-old Gloucester toddler was abducted when she disappeared from Long Beach last Thursday, noting that a renewed Massachusetts State Police search in and near the water for the little girl has failed to turn up any clues.
But a state police spokesman noted that, while a resumed search effort in the water and along the shore today turned up no new leads, let alone answers, in the now week-old disappearance, there is also no evidence of an abduction or foul play.
While state police announced his afternoon that dive teams had left the water for the day, but would return and resume their own search this morning, members of Caleigh’s family — including her mother, Allison Hammond, and father, Anthony Harrison — hosted a press briefing on the steps of Anthony Harrison’s Washington Street home.
“We think we would have found her by now (if she had been pulled into the ocean),” said David Harrison Jr., uncle of Caleigh and a brother of her father. “That gives us hope that she could be found.”
“We think it’s very possible that somebody took her,” he added. “Not that we’re not saying the efforts in the water are unappreciated, it’s that if she is out there we want to make sure people know she could be out there.’”
To that end, David Harrison said the family has been handing out flyers with pictures of Caleigh in the hopes that someone would see her. Harrison acknowledged that the chance that Caleigh may have been abducted is essentially the only hope the family has that the little girl could possibly return home.
State Police spokesman David Procopio said, however, that there is no evidence of abduction.
“That investigation has yielded no evidence of abduction or foul play,” Procopio said, though state police have not been able to rule out foul play, either.
Massachusetts State Police, meanwhile, confirmed that divers suspended their search of the water off Long Beach, Cape Hedge Beach and around Milk Island at 3 p.m. A state police spokesman added, however, that they expect to re-enter the water tomorrow.
State Police spokesman Todd Nolan said that the opinion of the family has nothing to do with the way the State Police are investigating the disappearance. According to Nolan, the State Police "will consider any and all possibilities until they're ruled out." In that vein, while the search continues to focus on the water and beaches, police are also still examining the possibility of an abduction, and have not ruled out foul play.
Reading a statement written by the parents, David Harrison said, "We are not giving up hope of finding our little girl. Caleigh is our beautiful, wonderful little girl. Please help us bring her home."
David Harrison Sr., Caleigh's grandfather, said the family hopes Caleigh will return, and believes an abduction would allow for that possibility.
"We have nothing to lose," he said.
We will continue to update this story here at if any new developments materialize; For more on this story, look to tomorrow's print and online editions of the Gloucester Daily Times and
Stephanie Bergman can contacted at 978-283-7000 x3451 or

#BiancaJones: Mother Of Missing Girl Bianca Jones On Verge Of Losing Home Gets A Helping Hand.

Banika Jones' 2-year-old daughter disappeared in December. Four months later, she was going to be evicted from the Detroit home where she had lived all her life.
Jones, who was looking for a job when Bianca went missing, had fallen behind on bills. She was set to be evicted April 5 after her grandmother, who owned the home, took out a reverse mortgage, officials said.
"I was devastated," Jones, 32, said Thursday. "I really didn't know what I was going to do."
But a day before she was to be put out, she got help from Working Homes/Working Families, the organization founded by Free Press columnist Mitch Albom and operated with the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries.
"How much tragedy is one family supposed to deal with at any one time?" Albom said outside the Jones' home on Custer in Detroit on Thursday.
Albom paid the money that was owed, and on Thursday a handful of people showed up at her home to paint the living room and bring in a new couch, chair and ottoman. Jones picked out a shade of blue for the living room ceiling because blue is the favorite color of her oldest daughter, Bella, 7.
Not only will she get to keep her home, Jones, who was an Army specialist from 1999 to 2001, also received a job as a resident specialist at the Detroit Rescue Mission's Veterans Independence Program.
"I'm working with homeless veterans and I'm making sure no one ends up where I was about to end up," she said.
Jones said she plans to pay back the $2,100 she received and give it to Working Homes/Working Families so others can be helped.
"It's the least I can do when so many have stepped up to help me," Jones said.
Jones will get help on other needed home repairs in coming weeks, Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries President and CEO Chad Audi said.
Bianca vanished in December after her father said he was carjacked at gunpoint. D'Andre Lane said the carjackers took his Grand Marquis and drove away with Bianca inside. The car was found a few blocks away but Bianca was not in it.
Lane has been charged with first-degree felony murder and first-degree child abuse in connection with Bianca's disappearance. His preliminary examination is scheduled to continue today in Detroit.
Jones said Wednesday she believes her daughter is still alive and she continues to search for her.
"I will never stop looking for my baby," she said.
Contact Elisha Anderson: 313-222-5144 or

#BiancaJones : Girlfriend Testifies She Heard Father's Reprimands Night Before Bianca Jones Vanished

Anjali Lyons' voice was barely above a whisper as prosecutors asked her whether she heard 2-year-old Bianca Jones crying the night before she was reported missing by her father, D'Andre Lane.
Lyons, 22, testified Friday in 36th District Court that she is Lane's current girlfriend. She reluctantly answered prosecutors' questions about Lane allegedly reprimanding Bianca for wetting the bed the night before he told police he was carjacked at gunpoint.
"Did you hear if Bianca was being hit with anything?" asked Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Carin Goldfarb.
"Yes. It was the paddle," Lyons answered after pausing for a minute.
Goldfarb went on to ask Lyons whether she thought Lane was hitting Bianca on her bare skin.
"Yes. It sounded like bare skin," Lyons quietly replied.
Lane, 32, who was charged last month with first-degree felony murder and first-degree child abuse in connection with Bianca's disappearance, appeared in 36th District Court for his preliminary examination Friday before Judge Ruth Carter. Lane faces life in prison without parole if convicted of the murder charge. Friday was the second day of the hearing.
Although prosecutors contend Bianca was subjected to abuse from Lane before she disappeared and have presumed her dead, Lane repeatedly has denied involvement in the toddler's disappearance.
Lane sat quietly as Goldfarb continued to ask Lyons questions.
"Was it true the voice sounded angry?" Goldfarb asked Lyons in regards to Lane asking Bianca whether she is "supposed to pee pee on herself."
"I don't think that's the word I should've used," Lyons said.
"Did you say he sounded frustrated?" Goldfarb asked.
"Yes," Lyons said.
"Did you say he sounded irritated?"
"Yes," Lyons said after letting out a sigh.
Banika Jones, Bianca's mother, testified Friday that she had no reason to suspect Lane would be incapable of taking care of the toddler and that she expected Bianca to stay with her father most of December until Christmas.
"I told him she was pretty good, but still had accidents," Jones said about potty training Bianca. "He said he would work with her."
Jones said she also spanked Bianca at times to potty train her. Jones added that while she packed up clothes for Bianca's visit with Lane, she did not pack diapers.
"She was very excited about her new panties and didn't want to wear diapers," Jones said.
Testimony continues May 8 in 36th District Court in Detroit.
Contact Melanie D. Scott: 313-222-6159 or

Missing Isabel Celis : Cadaver Hits In The Home - Police Have Not Ruled Out The Parents As Suspects.

The FBI behavioral analysts helping in the case of missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis will start Thursday to review the interviews already conducted by Tucson police, police said in a news briefing tonight.
The FBI analysts “may or may not” interview Isabel’s parents themselves, police added. 
Also, police said there might have been some houses within their 3-mile search radius around the Celis' midtown home that they missed, because no one was home or didn't answer the door, for example. Police ask that anyone living in that area who hasn't been contacted by a police officer call 88-CRIME. The Celis' home is in the 5600 block of East 12th Street, near East Broadway and Craycroft Road. 
2 p.m. — Through tears and trembling, the parents of Isabel Mercedes Celis pleaded for her safe return.
Becky Celis read from a piece of paper, asking the community to keep its focus on finding her daughter.
“Tell us your demands,” Isabel’s father, Sergio, said moments later. “Tell us what you want.”
He then made an emotional statement directly to the missing 6-year-old: “We'll never give up looking for you.”
He also said the family was cooperating with police and plans to increase the amount of the reward money.
The entire statement lasted some five minutes and was made in English and Spanish.
The parents were surrounded by volunteers in white T-shirts with “Bring Isa Home” written on the front and a photo of Isabel on the back. The parents also wore such T-shirts, and rosaries.
Police escorted the parents away after their statements.
Isabel’s family had only issued one written statement since her disappearance, to thank volunteers for their support in trying to find Isabel.
The family has told police the last time the first-grader was seen was in her bedroom Friday night.
Police have labeled Isabel’s case a suspicious disappearance and possible more

Read more:

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bianca Jones Murder Trial Day 1 - Disturbing Testimony.

DETROIT (WWJ) – It was day-one of testimony in the D’Andre Lane’s preliminary exam in Detroit. Lane is charged in the disappearance and death of his 2-year-old daughter Biancha Jones.

First on the witness stand was the defendant’s 8-year-old daughter Il’Andra. Under questioning by Assistant  Wayne County Prosecutor Qiana  Luller, the youngster testified how her father became angry when she wet the bed, punishing her with the urine-soaked underwear which tore the underside of her tongue.

 Disturbing Testimony On Day One Of Bianca Jones Murder Trial
Bianca Jones

Il’Andra said Lane held the underwear to her face.
“And, when the panties went in your mouth, how did that feel?” asked Luller.

“Weird,” the girl said.

After identifying a photo of what she referred to as “the stick,”IL’Andra testified that her father had used it on Bianca when she wouldn’t answer his questions.  ”She got whooped with it,” IL’Andra said.

Also testifying on Tuesday was a British cadaver dog trainer who said one of his dogs hit on the scent of decomposition  in the closet of the children’s room at Lanes’ home.

Lane has maintained his innocence, saying Bianca was taken in a car-jacking in early December.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has said there was no car-jacking and that Lane’s story was not consistent with the facts of the case.

Martin Grime and his cadaver dog involved in this case.

Once again we have a dead child and the parent simulating an abduction. We even have a description of the phantom abductor.

$17,500 reward for missing Detroit 2 year-old, Bianca Jones